England's failings - Welcome to Soccer World

Latest

Wednesday 29 June 2016

England's failings

England scored only four goals in four matches at Euro 2016 and Hodgson felt his side were not "ruthless" enough in France.
He said: "We did not play well last night and I take full responsibility for that.
"We showed signs of good football in the first three games, which gave us confidence, but last night we didn't reproduce.
"I'm disappointed. I didn't see it coming. I had no indication that we were going to play that badly."
He added: "I'm sure those players will live up to expectations and one day I'm sure we'll see England do well in a tournament - I'm hoping in 2018 [at the World Cup in Russia].
"They have shown they are worthy of wearing an England shirt and they have shown myself and my coaches that in this tournament."

No comments:

Post a Comment