'Thierry Henry is my idol’, reveals Eupen's Henry Onyekuru - Welcome to Soccer World

Latest

Saturday 24 December 2016

'Thierry Henry is my idol’, reveals Eupen's Henry Onyekuru

Image result for Thierry Henry is my idol’, reveals Eupen Henry Onyekuru

The red-hot forward has named the Gunners legend as his greatest influence and would love a switch to Arsenal.

Ten goals and six assists in 22 appearances, as a winger, for a modest Belgian club. Little wonders why Henry Onyekuru’s idol is the prolific Thierry Henry.

The former French international started his career in a similar position as the Nigerian, turning heads with his searing pace and goal scoring performances.


And the AS Eupen left sided attacker, whose allegiance lies with Arsenal, revealed how he tries to imitate the Gunners record goalscorer by watching clips of him.

“Football was my relaxation after school. With my friends, we watched the Premier League every weekend. I’m a huge Arsenal fan, Thierry Henry is my idol. Now I’m a professional footballer, I try to copy him as much as possible,” Onyekuru told Het Nieuwsblad.
Image result for Thierry Henry is my idol’, reveals Eupen Henry Onyekuru

“I look back to the games I saw as a boy, but I also regularly watch videos on YouTube to see how he did certain things.

“I believe I have the level to one day play in the Champions League. I look at what happened to Wilfred Ndidi. We come from the same region in Nigeria and meet up regularly. His transfer to Leicester is an example for me.

“The Premier League is my dream league, although I would rather go to Arsenal,” he concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment