Emotional Bartra opens up on the 'longest 15 minutes of his life - Welcome to Soccer World

Latest

Saturday 15 April 2017

Emotional Bartra opens up on the 'longest 15 minutes of his life

Emotional Bartra opens up on the 'longest 15 minutes of his life'

The Spanish defender has spoken openly about his experiences and recovery following the Borussia Dortmund team bus attack.

Marc Bartra says pride is his overwhelming emotion four days on from the bomb attack on the Borussia Dortmund team bus that caused him to suffer the longest 15 minutes of his life.

Bartra suffered a wrist injury in the incident that saw three explosions go off near the vehicle as it made its way to Signal Iduna Park prior to the Champions League quarter-final, first leg against Monaco.

The Spanish defender has subsequently undergone surgery and is expected to miss at least four weeks.

After a visit from his family, Bartra opened up on the events of Tuesday night.

He wrote in an Instagram post: "Today I've received again a visit that makes me the happiest. They are my everything, the reason I fight to overcome every roadblock, and this has been the hardest of my life. I do not wish this on anyone.

"The pain, the fear, not knowing what was happening or how long it would last... It was the longest 15 minutes of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment