Luis Enrique: I don't have to justify myself to Rakitic - Welcome to Soccer World

Latest

Tuesday 20 December 2016

Luis Enrique: I don't have to justify myself to Rakitic

Image result for Luis Enrique

The midfielder remains a key cog in the Spaniard's Barcelona side, despite failing to play a minute in their last three games.

Luis Enrique says he will not justify himself to Ivan Rakitic over the midfielder's recent absence from the Barcelona team.

Rakitic has not played a minute of Barca's last three games in all competitions, since being substituted an hour into the Clasico 1-1 draw against Real Madrid on December 3.

Image result for Luis Enrique
Denis Suarez and Andre Gomes have gotten the nod over the Croatia international for those games, wins against Borussia Monchengladbach, Osasuna and Espanyol.

Luis Enrique gave no reason for Rakitic's benching, but praised the former Sevilla playmaker's response to being frozen out.

"I've got no interest in justifying myself to a player of mine. I'm not going to do that. Rakitic has been and will be a good player for Barca," he told a news conference. "I have to take criticisms and I will continue to take them for what I think is best for the team.

"I'm really happy with his commitment and his attitude."

No comments:

Post a Comment