Conte on Diego Costa dispute: 'I raised my voice and now everything is perfect' - Welcome to Soccer World

Latest

Monday 6 February 2017

Conte on Diego Costa dispute: 'I raised my voice and now everything is perfect'

Conte on Diego Costa dispute: 'I raised my voice and now everything is perfect'

The Chelsea manager has suggested that any showdown talks he held with the unsettled striker in January were rather one-way in nature.

Antonio Conte has hinted that he took a hard-line approach in dealing with Diego Costa when the striker was linked with a move to China in January.

Costa was dropped by Conte amid speculation the manager had become involved in a heated dispute between the striker and the club's medical staff over the extent of an injury.

The Spaniard was then tipped to be the subject of a major bid from Chinese Super League side Tianjin Quanjian which could have seen him become one of the world's highest-paid players.

Chelsea made clear that Costa was not for sale, however, and he returned to Conte's team with a goal in the 2-0 victory over Hull City on January 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment